Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Links and stuff

ringshout is back up! Martha Southgate (Third Girl from the Left), Bridgette Davis (Shifting into Neutral), Eisa Eulen (Crystal Mourning) and Chris Jackson (editor) formed ringShout, a place for black literature, and they're blogging again. Check it out.

Virginia DeBerry and Donna Grant author of What Doesn't Kill You will host Lit Chat on Twitter Friday, March 20 at 4 pm EST (or Eastern Daylight Time or whatever it is now). The topic is Beyond Black & White: Writing in Color. Join the conversation here.

I learned of this video by Jay Smooth via the #raceSXSW feed on Twitter.

5 comments:

susan said...

Bless you, Carleen. You are an incredible resource. Ringshout is just what I needed this morning.

I got your book, too! Thank you so much.

Carleen Brice said...

OK, that is not the video I thought I embedded! But it's kinda funny so I'll leave it up. You can see the one I intended to embed at: http://www.illdoctrine.com/

merc3069 said...

I have subscribed to the feed from ringshout. Thanks for the heads up!

Ali said...

Oh, I'm glad you embedded the wrong one because that was hilarious! Off to watch the "real" video now.

Jennifer C. said...

I really like that video. Some times our mistakes make sense. He spoke what a lot of us are feeling.