Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes and Ch-ch-ch-Christmas

As you can see, the place has a new look. I'm not exactly thrilled with it yet, but it's easier to read (I hope) and looks more of a piece with my personal blog (which I really like!) and my website (which I also like). It's hard being blogger, webmaster, book promoter, and oh yeah, a writer and promoter of my own books. I hope you will stick with me as this blog changes and grows into itself, and as I grow into all my roles.

Since this week is Christmas, I'm going to take some time off from blogging. If you're still shopping, you already know what to do, right? Just in case you don't, I will paraphrase Michael Pollan's "eaters' manifesto" from his book In Defense of Food. Here's my "readers' manifesto" that is in defense of writers:

Buy books. A great variety of them. When it comes to reading, there's no such thing as too much.


(Me as I was beginning to find my role in life)


Happy Holidays everybody! See you next week with a look at 2010--lots of books I'm excited about coming soon! I'll also announce who won a "I  black authors" T-shirt and who won a button!

16 comments:

Color Online said...

Yes, I will stick with you through the changes. And yes, I'm giving books.

Barbara Albin said...

Change is good and remember you can always change again. I like it, but of course I seem to like all your writing so I guess I am bias. Have a great holiday. I have been giving books for a month now, I am even going to give my grandchildren books, Chanukah has passed but I give them books all the time. I don't need a month or a holiday to give a book to someone.

Carleen Brice said...

Thanks my friends!

Zetta said...

What a great photo! I just bought two books for kids today, even though I swore I wasn't going to buy any more books...sigh. What's a reader to do? Enjoy the holidays, Carleen, and your much-deserved time off from wearing all those hats...

Karen L. Simpson said...

I love your new look!! Have a wonderful holiday. I bought your book yesterday to give to my white writer friends. They were so excited.

K.L. Brady said...

Oooh...lovely! Have a happy holiday and you'll be glad to know I'm a book-giving fool! :)

Ali said...

Happy holidays, Carleen! I still need to get back to the bookstore one more time before Christmas.

Lisa said...

Proud to say I left the house yesterday to go Christmas book shopping and needed two big shopping bags to get my haul out of there. Books for both grandkids, my son, my nephew and of course, Scott :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays! Change can be good so we'll roll with you. :) And I'm definitely giving books for the holidays.

Jody said...

Every body in my family is getting books! And I'll stick with the changes. Enjoy the blog & have gotten some good reads out of it.

Carleen Brice said...

Thanks everybody for buying books and for hanging with me while I have a little blog puberty identity crisis! Happy, happy, joy, joy to all of you!

Farrah Rochon said...

I'm liking the change, Carleen. That photo is great!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you lightened the background. Really as a kid you dreamed of this blog?! The picture is funny!

Carleen Brice said...

Vizioneiry, I wouldn't have been able to imagine a need for the service we do here. But I was a bossy little thing!

Claudia said...

Changes! Love all the changes! And I'll also be here with you no matter what. Have you thought about migrating to WordPress? Blogger's layouts are very limited.

Carleen Brice said...

Claudia, I have been thinking about Wordpress. Just...ugh...migrating. :)