Tuesday, March 29, 2011

From Self-Published to Traditionally Published

Amanda Hocking isn't the first or only self-publishing success story out there.

Trice Hickman may not have a seven-figure book deal (YET), but she self-published the right way, with great writing and professional editing and book design. Then she promoted her behind off. Eventually, a publisher was smart enough to snap her up and is rereleasing Unexpected Interruptions today. Romance and women's fiction readers, check it out. Congrats Trice!!!  Another important thing to know about Trice: she's a sweetheart!

J.D. Mason's recent Somebody Pick Up My Pieces is the final story in a series that began with the originally self-published One Day I Saw a Black King, and it's getting rave reviews. My wonderful friend J.D. also lives in Denver. Go Denver writers!!! (Learn more about J.D. in my interview with her.)

4 comments:

Pamala Knight said...

Thank you for the heads up about Trice's upcoming release. I really enjoyed her book Playing The Hand You're Dealt. I'm glad to hear that her self-publishing success has also led to traditional publishing, but only because it must be the path SHE chose.

That cover for Unexpected Interruptions is fab, too.

Connie Briscoe said...

She's good! I met her only briefly, and yes, she was incredibly sweet and charming.

Minx Malone said...

Just the name of this blog has me LOL'ing. I have to link to you now so I don't miss future awesomeness.

Thanks for recommending some new authors! Both of these books look great.

Kyra said...

Congratulations! I do wonder - are there African American self-published authors who are approaching 500 units a month or more either as physical book or ebook? It would be great to "study" what makes the books successful.