Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hot off the presses!

Get your fresh, hot fiction! It's a popping April and May! A few upcoming or recent releases I'm delighted to tell you about:


The six novels in Gar Anthony Haywood's mystery series featuring Aaron Gunner, a South-Central Los Angeles native and African-American private investigator, are being rereleased by Mysterious Press!

Speaking of mysteries, Robert Greer has a new one in his CJ Floyd series: Astrid a Pink Horse. See my Q&A with Greer here!

Creeping With the Enemy, the second in Kim Reid's Langdon Prep YA mystery series is out April 24th!

Tayari Jones' big hit Silver Sparrow is out in May in paperback!

Leonard Pitts Jr.'s Freeman also comes out in May! A sweeping historical love story about a runaway slave who goes in search of his wife after the Civil War ends.

Speaking of love stories, Sadeqa Johnson's Love in a Carry On Bag is an old-school love story in the Terry McMillan tradition (and the movie Love Jones). If you're in the Black Expressions Book Club, it's an Alternate Selection for May!

Beverly Jenkins just released A Wish and a Prayer, a new one in her Blessings series. This is the fourth one, so you might want to hurry up and get started on the first three!

And if you like Christian fiction, check out Stacy Hawkins Adams' latest, Coming Home!

You probably already know this, but just in case you missed it: Eric Jerome Dickey and Toni Morrison also have new books. Dickey's is out now and Morrison's comes in May.



I'm reading Freeman now. What are you reading? What are you looking forward to?

7 comments:

jeanette nicole* said...

I read Beverly Jenkins' latest and loved it! I adore that series and the residents of Henry Adams, KS.

I cannot wait for Toni Morrison's latest! I plan on devouring it once it hits my Nook! Hahahaha!

evelyn.n.alfred said...

Walter Mosley has one coming out soon and I'm going to make a serious effort to read it.

Sidne said...

thanks for the information. also thanks for sharing commenters your info. too.

Carleen Brice said...

Evelyn, thanks for the reminder about the Mosley book!

Shan said...

I have Stacy Hawkin Adams boko in my to read pile and Toni Morrison's on it's way.
Love in a Carry On Bag sounds good, I'm going to have to go get that one.

Thanks for the list!

Kyra said...

Love that Gar A. Haywood is back!

Unknown said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!



Miami Ram